Best Jogging Stroller (TOP 5) REVIEWS 2017 (UPDATED)
Hey mom, getting the best jogging stroller in 2017 / 2016 for your baby is a great investment. However, the buying process is not as simple as ordinal shopping. With so many brands on the market, the selection process can be mind blowing. And it is not surprising to go back home empty handed especially when you’re a first-time buyer.
Looking for the top jogging stroller for your baby will be as difficult as buying his/her best toy for the first time. Of course, a lot of factors such as canopy, types of wheels, recline and many others get into play.
Nonetheless, tastes and preferences differ from one person to another. For instance, a stroller with short handles may work so well to you but may not work so for me. The best way to settle for the best jogger is by first understanding your needs. This will help you to know what qualities your stroller should have. Please read below for our best jogging stroller in 2017 to see whether they are worth your time. If you prefer some different strollers, you might take a look at this articles Best Umbrella Strollers ( https://bestbabystuffreviews.com/best-umbrella-stroller/ ).
- Great wheels
- Large storage basket
- Bulky and heavy
- Large and sturdy canopy
- Adjustable handlebars
- Sturdy and large wheels
- Ample storage
- Lock doesn’t always work
- Swivel front wheel
- Large canopy
- difficult to fold in one hand
- Easy foldability
- Lacks an automatic lock
Types Of Strollers Available On The Market
Standard size strollers: These are the most popular types as they come in all sizes. No matter their size, these strollers are fully-featured to maximum comfort to your child. Their standard sizes allow you to get around easily. Most of these strollers can be converted into a travel system using an infant car seat adapter. Others can be converted into a pram.
Travel systems: these are composed of a stroller and a compatible infant car seat. The car seat has a pretty design that snaps in the stroller without adapters. They are often inexpensive and comes in handy with so many accessories. However, many parents regret buying these strollers because they are bulky and heavy. In addition, the child will outgrow the infant car seat within six months.
Lightweight strollers: as their name suggests they are light and compact something that makes them ideal for traveling. This type of stroller will easily maneuver through narrow and tight spaces. They’re ideal for kids below six months. They are also not very adjustable. They come with small wheels, and they are therefore not ideal for rough terrains.
Jogging strollers: they roll on three airfield bicycle wheels and therefore can handle any terrain. They come with an inbuilt suspension system that absorbs the bumps to give your kid a smooth ride. These are a bit heavier and bulky than standard strollers because they are expected to be used for several years. They are ideal for hiking or long walks.
Double and triple strollers: these are designed for twins or parents with a second child. These strollers are quite expensive and heavier than single strollers. They are available in two models namely the tandem and the side-by-side model. The side-by-side model features two equal seats that are next to each other. This model is much easier to get over the curb, but it’s hard to get through narrow spaces and crowded spaces. However, the tandem model is narrow and easier to navigate through tight spaces. The seats in this model are located one behind the other. However, the second seat is smaller and limited of features.
Buying Guide For The Best Jogging Stroller
By now you may be having a clue of what you’re looking for. But always consider the following.
- Canopy: when looking for a good stroller, make sure it has a large sun shade to shield your child from the sun and the wind. A good canopy should be adjustable and made of sturdy material to withstand weather elements.
- Peekaboo window: when strolling you will want to keep an eye on your child. Look for a stroller with a window on the canopy. Also, make sure that there is a cover to protect your child from strong sun rays.
- Handlebars: most strollers come with a single handlebar while others come with two bars. Some handlebars are not adjustable, and this is where you should direct your focus. Adjustable handlebars are the best as you can adjust according to your comfortable height.
- Seat: stroller seat can be fixed or reversible. Make sure the seat is well padded to give maximum comfort to your child when strolling. Although a reversible seat is slightly heavier, it is considered the best. Make sure it features an adjustable footrest for your child to stretch his/her legs.
- Racine system: there are two popular recline systems: strap recline and one-hand lever recline. A one hand recline is effortless.
- Foldability: a good stroller should be easy to fold. Some strollers come with an automatic lock system while others require both hands to fold. Time is money, and therefore you don’t need a stroller that will take much of your time folding.
- Storage space: strolling with your baby can be quite engaging. You’ll also need to carry some drinks and snacks and all your other necessities with you. Therefore, the best stroller for you should come with a large basket so that you can pack everything you’ll need when strolling outdoors.
- Safety: this is the top priority for every parent. The stroller should feature a flip-flop parking brake to ensure you will park safely. Choose one with safety reflectors on the wheels so that it can be seen when in the dark. A stroller with a 5-point harness is considered the best.
- Wheels: this is an important aspect of any strollers. They may be in different sizes, but the shape is similar. Depending on the purpose you intend to use your stroller in, make sure the wheels are ideal for the terrain. For instance, if you want to go on long walks, large airfield tires are the best.
- Suspension: they are two forms of suspension system; all-wheel and partial suspension. Your little one deserves the smoothest ride no matter the ruggedness of your terrain. The best running strollers have a state of the art suspension system.
- Accessories: there are other crucial accessories such as parent organizer, child’s tray, foot rest and many others that your stroller should come with. Select that stroller that comes in handy with most accessories that you need.
Huh! Without a doubt, we believe that you have found this best jogging stroller reviews resourceful. It will be unfair for us to recommend you the best jogging stroller among the five reviewed joggers because we all have different needs. Now that you know what to look for it is upon you to go for the one that will satisfy your needs. Happy strolling!